Cycle tours for families in France
Surrounded by romantic, medieval villages you cycle relaxed from place to place. Get to know the different culinary highlights of the country on your cycle tour in France. Between baguette and brioche, vast meadows and forests await you. Take a break and explore!
The well-developed, family-friendly cycle paths will bring you safely to your destination every day. The Grand Nation also has a lot to offer. The mild climate in summer and the light breeze that blows almost always make it a perfect region for cycling trips.
Cycle tours for families in Alsace
Like taking a trip back in time. This is what it feels like to stroll through the medieval towns in Alsace. Surrounded by lush green meadows in summer, you cycle through the rural areas. Alsace is shaped by the influences of Germany and France, which have repeatedly influenced over time. The culinary offerings in the Alsace region are just as colourful as its history. Alsace is a popular cycling destination, especially in summer and autumn. While the little ones can really let off steam on the varied route during the day, the adults enjoy a glass of wine in the mild evenings.
Paddling holidays for families in France
Holidays with a difference: On a paddling holiday in France you experience pure action and can really work out. If you are a true adventurer, plunge into the water on an active holiday in France. Together you discover beautiful nature from your canoe and one thing is guaranteed: The way to the campsite is never boring.
After a short training session, you will start and notice, how quickly you get used to your new form of transport. The best thing about it? In summer it can get very warm in France. And the fastest way to cool down is right below you! So, head off to the refreshingly cool water.
Paddling holidays in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
The real canoeists among you will already know it – the Ardèche River. The Grand Canyon of the south of France, as it’s also known, is a popular place for canoeing. For hundreds of years, the water has carved its way through the rocks, creating amazing formation. In spring, as one of the many tributaries of the Rhone, it can carry a lot of water through heavy rains and become very fast. In summer, however, the Ardèche is rather calm. This makes it perfect for families and beginners. You will be accompanied along the river by wonderful scents of plants such as lavender or rosemary growing on the edge of the river – pure bliss.
Paddling holiday in Center-Val de Loire
The Loire is the largest of the French rivers flowing into the Atlantic. Here, they say, France is the most French. This is probably due to over 600 fairytale castles that dot the landscape of the Loire Valley. In addition, the calm river is surrounded by untouched forests. On a paddling holiday in Center-Val de Loire, you get to know the French garden from the water, but you always have some time to go ashore. Perfect for those who want to travel in a different way but are looking for relaxation at the same time.
- Holidays with a difference: The cities of France have a lot to offer for families. Everything there feels like a journey through time to the Middle Ages.
- France is a country for culinary indulgence: From particularly unusual to well-known and loved food – everyone will find something here!
- France is the third largest country in Europe and has the largest area in the European Union. Of course, there’s lots to discover.
- France also has a lot to offer with its landscape: 28% of the area is forest. In between there are lots of agricultural fields.
- Land of mountains: The Grand Nation owns a lot of mountain ranges. The Alps, Savoy, Pyrenees and the Massif Central are just a few examples.
- What is grown there? The flora of France is as colourful as the country itself. Whether lavender, poppies or various medicinal plants, they all can be found in France’s meadows.
The French flair combined with a good portion of activities on top is what makes an Euroaktiv family holiday in France perfect. Far from the flow of tourists, you can truly enjoy quality time together in nature. And besides cycling and canoeing, there is a lot to explore in the cities. Culture enthusiasts will also get their money’s worth here. Maybe you will visit a fairytale castle, or one of the many museums. Or you can simply stroll through the streets, watch the goings-on around you and enjoy a delicious chocolate croissant.
If you are interested in history as well, France is the right place for you. There’s hardly any other country in Europe which is that full of exciting stories. In almost every building you will feel the influences of the eras. Because the French are the real artists, but also the connoisseurs among Europeans. And an eventful Euroaktiv holiday is all about enjoyment. There’s a reason why France is the most popular travel destination in the world!
- Chocolate factory Daniel Stoffel: Did someone say chocolate? Who doesn’t love this sweet treat? This is exactly why a visit to the chocolate factory on your Alsace cycle tour is a must.
- The Chauvet Caves: On your Ardèche paddling holiday you shouldn’t miss out on visiting the Chauvet Caves. You can see ancient rock paintings here.
- The city of Nevers: The historic city is a real highlight of the Loire paddling tour. Let yourself be inspired by the large cathedral and pretty alleyways.