Cycle tours for families in Switzerland
Cycling is fun. Especially when you cycle on well-developed and flat cycle paths through the beautiful Swiss landscape. Both young and old can enjoy carefree time spent on routes that are ideal for families. The warm temperatures in summer and the paths that lead along lakes and quiet valleys make you want even more.
After all, what could be nicer than cooling off with a short break in the clear water and in bright sunshine? In addition to the many lakes and rivers there are countless other things that you can discover on your cycle tour in Switzerland.
Cycling in Jura and the Three Lakes region for families
There’s nothing like the classics: Jura and the Three Lakes Region have turned into a true cycling paradise in recent years. Along the Aare, the longest river that runs entirely within the country, you will reach the destination on almost car-free cycle paths: The Three Lakes Region. The journey also comes to an end comfortably, namely with a round trip around the beautiful Lake Murten, on the eastern banks of which there are three great viewing platforms.
Cycling in Eastern Switzerland for families
The Obersee, a large part of Lake Constance, offers perfect conditions for a cycle tour. Flat, well signposted and partly paved cycle paths often lead directly past the huge lake and offer a wonderful panorama. The special thing about this Euroaktiv trip: You can cycle through three countries. The tour starts in the historic city of Constance in Germany. During the trip you can expect many highlights such as a boat trip, the Constance Sealife Centre and the ‘flower island’ of Mainau, where thousands of colourful flowers are just waiting to be admired.
Hiking trips for families in Switzerland
You have probably heard of the children’s series ‘Heidi’, right? What a great feeling it must be to walk like Heidi through the Swiss mountains, watching eagles hunt and nest. This is exactly what you can experience on our Euroaktiv hiking trip for families. You travel through gentle alpine meadows where cows are grazing, and you will always be rewarded with a unique panorama.
Try some fresh mountain cheese in the huts. It’s really delicious and that’s what the Swiss are famous for. And the inventors of fondue are warm hosts as well, especially for families. Besides hiking, there is a large amount of activities offering enough variety for both young and old.
Hiking in central Switzerland for families
You will spend this specific Euroaktiv hiking holiday in the Swiss mountains only, walk from one mountain hut to the next and can even spend the night there. A lot of fun in this programme is guaranteed. While you are hiking on trails and through the forest, you can admire a wide variety of animal and plant species that are native to central Switzerland. There is always enough time on the way to discover something new. But sometimes you must be quick: The marmots can often only be seen fleetingly. After an eventful day, a delicious meal is waiting for you in the hut.
Horse adventures for families in Switzerland
On the horse’s back is where you are during the Euroaktiv horse adventures! The lovable animals will be happy to accompany you through Jura whilst you can sit back and relax on this trip. Our horse adventures are very suitable for children who like these animals and relish spending time with them. But these trips are also perfectly designed for those who are entering a completely new territory, as you will receive proper training at the start of your trip.
You can always learn new things along the way. Your companions are Freiberger, the last native horse breed from Switzerland. These horses are very versatile. Due to their strength, they are an ideal work horse and can easily pull a wagon. With their good-nature, willing and patient character, they are real family and leisure horses and can also be used as sport horses.
Horse adventures in Jura for families
Here you are in western Switzerland, very close to the French border. You can also tell by the place names: Courtdoux, Miécourt and Marmont are just a few of the places you will travel to on this tour. Because of its fertile soil, the Ajoie region is also known as the Jura orchard. In summer, when fruits are ripe, you definitely have to try them! And in rural areas there are many farms to travel past with your animal companions.
- The Swiss have a great sense of humour. You’ll always have something to laugh about with the funny locals.
- Did someone say chocolate? Whether a sweet treat or Swiss cheese, the country is perfect for indulging.
- ‘Gruezi!’ The Swiss language can sometimes be a slight barrier, but you quickly get used to the sound and will maybe even learn a few words.
- Mountains, mountains, mountains – need we say more!
- Families are very welcome in this country. With a wide range of activities, the Swiss are well equipped for a family holiday.
- A land of lakes! Switzerland has over 1500 lakes. That means you’re never more than 16 kilometres away from one.
- Switzerland has a mild climate. The temperatures in summer are usually between 25 ° C and 30 ° C.
- Colourful: Due to the many languages and dialects spoken there, many different customs and traditions have developed.
Attention children, Switzerland is just waiting to be discovered by you! There is something for everyone here. Do you like to travel in the mountains, or do you prefer to swim in the crystal-clear water? No problem, you can do both here. No matter whether you come from a city or already live in the country, the Alpenland offers unique natural landscapes. Like on a nature trail, you will meet special creatures. Marmots, eagles, alpine ibex as well as special and rare plant species live here.
- Velo-golf around Lake Murten: For those who haven’t heard of it – velo is the Swiss word for bicycle. Accordingly, you cycle with a bike from station to station. This is especially fun when it takes place with a wonderful lake view! You can experience all of this on our Mitelland-route for families.
- Goldau Zoo: Switzerland offers an incredibly diverse wildlife as well and you can discover that on the hiking trip at Lake Lucerne.
- Prehisto Park in Réclère: There are 45 scale replicas of living creatures to be discovered on a two-kilometres path through the park. Along with dinosaurs and more, set off for a journey through the beginnings of life during our Jura horse adventure in a wagon family tour.
- Mini-golf Kaltband: Playing mini-golf in the Alps? That works! Not far from the Rigi Kaltbad station, you can grab your club for a fun round of mini-golf with a view of Lake Lucerne. Crown yourself the winner during our hiking trip on Lake Lucerne.