Cycle – Explore – Enjoy.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- No minimum age
- Approx. 135 km
Arrival in Strasbourg
Arrive in Strasbourg and check-in to your accommodation. Today you can go for a wander around the lively town and breathe in some French air.
Strasbourg - Obernai
Raring to go you start your bike tour by going along the Bruche canal. From Molsheim you continue cycling via Rosheim, which has a wonderful Roman church dating back to the 12th Century. Once you arrive in Obernai, you have reached today’s destination. In the evening, you should have a look around the historical market place with its 20 towers within the inner town wall. Lots of them are still in good condition.
Obernai - Andlau
At first you will go past famous vineyards and wine villages. You will cycle from Obernai to Andlau via Mittelbergheim. You are now right in the centre of the Alsace wine region. In the workshop, ‘atelier de la Seigneurie’. craftsmen and the local winemakers will gladly show you their products. Take time today for relaxed breaks in this magnificent wine region.
Andlau – Saint Hippolyte
During today’s cycle ride you can expect more wine villages, wine producers and many wonderful views. The route takes you past orchards from Andlau to Saint Hippolyte via Kintzheim. A great tip is to take a rest in the birds of prey park. In the evening, you should take a walk through Saint Hippolyte.
Today you will discover something very special: Daniel Stöffel’s chocolate factory. You can try out making your own chocolate and you can even try the various chocolates that are produced here! In the evening, you should explore the historical centre where there are lots of timbered houses.
Kaysersberg - Eguisheim
Maybe before you leave for Eguisheim, you can explore some of the many storks living on the roofs here. This village was selected as the niced village 2013. Make sure you go for a prolonged walk in the evening.
Eguisheim - Colmar
The end of your bike tour takes you to Colmar. Today you have got lots of time to enjoy the scenery and the great wine region by bike. Enjoy the smell of the vines and make sure you leave enough time for a walk through Colmar’s wonderful old town.
Departure or extension
Today it is time to say goodbye to France’s great atmosphere and hospitality. Or would you prefer to extend the tour to further explore the region?
The train ticket for the departure to strasbourg is already included.
| Season 1 |
04.04.2020 - 24.04.2020
26.09.2020 - 10.10.2020
| Season 2 |
25.04.2020 - 29.05.2020
05.09.2020 - 25.09.2020
| Season 3 |
30.05.2020 - 04.09.2020
|Cycling Tour Alsace, 8 days, cat. A, FR-ELAFT-08A|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||319.00||319.00||319.00|
|Surcharge half board 7x (evening meal: mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)||215.00||215.00||215.00|
|Surcharge half board 7x children aged 6-14 evening meal: mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)||199.00||199.00||199.00|
|Cycling Tour Alsace, 8 days, cat. B, FR-ELAFT-08B|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||269.00||269.00||269.00|
|Surcharge half board 7x (evening meal: mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)||175.00||175.00||175.00|
|Surcharge half board 7x children aged 6-14 evening meal: mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)||165.00||165.00||165.00|
Cat. A: 3***- and 4****- hotels | Cat. B: 3***- hotels, guest houses and bed and breakfasts
Child prices valid if they are staying in same room as 2 full price adults. Charges for children under 6 (for example Child bed) to be paid for at the time.
- 7 overnight stays as stated in the chosen category, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Welcome briefing (except on Sundays and bank holidays)
- Train ticket Colmar - Strasbourg on departure day
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room with route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe or Basel and take a shuttle bus or taxi to the hotel.
- Take the train to Strasbourg and then either take the tram or walk to the hotel in a few minutes
- Parking: undercover and secure car park available in Strasbourg for € 60 a week.
- No minimum age.
- Requirements: Basic fitness and cycle skills. The route is ideal for families.
- Mainly cycle on bike paths and quiet side roads. On day 4 and 5 there are a few ascents.