Lakes and gorges in southern Germany.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- Minimum age: 6 years
- Approx. 135 km
Arrival in Bad Zurzach
Let your feet dangle in the Rhine or refresh yourself in the thermal spa Bad Zurzach. The „Papa-Moll“ waterworld lets children’s eyes shine.
Pick up from Bad Zurzach and transfer ride to lake Schluchsee. A quiet cycle path leads along the southern shore of the lake with bathing opportunities. You will have time to relax and check out the refreshing water at a peaceful water reservoir. Shortly before Bärental you pass another small lake.
In the morning you leave your bikes behind and take the bus up to Feldberg. A climbing forest awaits you there, where you can overcome obstacles at heights of up to 12 metres. After this excursion you are going to hike comfortably past the Feldsee back to your bikes. From the valley Bärental you cycle along the shores of Lake Titisee and reach Hinterzarten in the late afternoon.
In the morning you can take a short trip to the famous Ravenna Gorge. Then you go back to Lake Titisee and continue along the Southern Black Forest cycle path to Lenzkirch. Today there are some smaller gradients to overcome.
The tour leads you first to the south in the direction of Bonndorf, then on quiet side roads into the valley of Wutachtal. Keep your ears open; in this densley overgrown gorge you might hear some gently rushing water. A guaranteed refreshment awaits you at the end of the tour in the open-air swimming pools of Stühlingen.
Stühlingen – Bad Zurzach
You follow the Wutach until it reaches the Rhine. From here it is only a stone's throw to Bad Zurzach. At the end of your journey through the Black Forest, Papa Moll awaits you to greet tired cyclists.
The journey leads on gravel roads and quiet side roads through the southern Black Forest. Most of the cycle paths are separated. There is some traffic around Lake of Titisee, Lenzkirch and Hinterzarten. A short section before Stühlingen leads about 2 kilometres on a somewhat busy road. Occasionally, smaller gradients require some level of fitness.
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Entrance fee to climbing forest Feldberg (2 hours)
- Entrance fee to Bad Zurzach incl. Spa area (3 hours)
- Transfer Bad Zurzach - Schluchsee
- Luggage transfer between hotels
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room with route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-Data available
- Service hotline
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Arrival to Bad Zurzach by train. Within a five-minute walk from the train station to the starting hotel.
- Parking space at the hotel available during the whole tour: EUR 8 per day.
- Minimum age 6 years.
- Requirements: basic fitness level and cycling skills.
- The journey leads on gravel roads and quiet side roads through the southern Black Forest. Most of the cycle paths are separated. There is some traffic around Lake of Titisee, Lenzkirch and Hinterzarten. A short section before Stühlingen leads about 2 kilometres on a somewhat busy road. Occasionally, smaller gradients require some level of fitness.