Cycling around Lake Constance.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- No minimum age
- Approx. 150 km
Arrive in Constance
Arrive in Constance and then move into your accommodation. On a long walk around the town you can detect the medieval flair that this town has. In Constance’s Sea Life Center you will discover over 3,000 animals in over 30 aquariums. Fun for the whole family.
You start your tour heading towards „Blumeninsel“ Mainau. On this heavenly island you will soon discover the gorgeous sea of flowers, small forests and the fragrant rose bushes. You then continue towards Wallhausen. Here you will embark the boat. Once you arrive in the old Imperial city of Überlingen, you will continue cycling past the baroque pilgrimage church in Birnau until you then get to Unteruhldingen/Meersburg. An exciting visit to the “Pfahlbaumuseum” is not to be missed here.
The next day greets you with cycle rides through vineyards and wonderful scenery. You will then get to Immenstaad awake and lively. Now it’s time to get back on a boat! On the relaxed boat ride, you can enjoy the surroundings and put your legs up until you get to Friedrichshafen. In Friedrichshafen you can visit the Zeppelin Museum, where you can learn everything about the history of these airships.
Friedrichshafen – Lindau
First you will cycle through Langenargen where you can be amazed at the inspiration of the Golden Gate Bridge. You will cycle across extensive orchards and on easy routes until you get to Lindau. Here you can admire the old town. This is located on and island and under preservation.
You will cycle directly along the lake’s edge and after a few kilometres you will come to the Austrian festival town of Bregenz. A small stroll going shopping or enjoying the tasty, local specialities is a must. In Hard, you need to cross to the other side of the river Rhine. Its delta has become a special nature protection area. You cycle past Staad, by which point you will already be in Switzerland and then you cycle along the edge of the lake until you get to the port of Rorschach.
Today your route will take you through the “Mostindien”. The region got its name due to its isolated location and the significant apple orchards. At the end of today’s stage, you will cycle past the lovely little towns of Arbon and Romanshorn. The view across the lake will inspire you! The end of your family cycle tour will bring you back to Constance. Those interested in art and culture will be happy in the “Rosgartenmuseum”.
Flat route profile along predominantly flat cycle paths. The route runs mainly along the water’s edge and partly along the esplanade.
Category: 3***-hotels and guesthouses
Children’s rates valid in room with two paying adults. Rates for children aged 6 or younger are payable on site.
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Boat ride from Walhausen – Überlingen with bike
- Boat ride from Immenstaad – Friedrichshafen with bike
- Entrance to the „Rosgartenmuseum“ in Contance with 1 coffee included
- Entrance to the „Pfahlbaumuseum Unteruhldingen“ (museum about traditionally building houses in stilts)
- Entrance to the Sea Life Center Constance
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
- Service hotline
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Zürich or Friedrichshafen airport and then take the train to Constance in about 1 hour.
- Take the train to Constance and then a short walk or taxi ride to the hotel
- Car parking space: if there is space you can park at the company office for EUR 40 per week. No reservation is necessary. Public parking space in Constance or parking places at the hotel EUR 10 – EUR 20 per day, nor reservation necessary, payable on site.
- Start and ending of the tour is possible in every town, without any surcharge.
- No minimum age.
- Requirements: Basic fitness and bike skills. This is a route well-suited for families.
- Flat route profile along predominantly flat cycle paths. The route runs mainly along the water’s edge and partly along the esplanade.