Cycling tour Slovenia
Crystal-clear mountain lakes and historic castles.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- No minimum age
- approx. 190 km
We'll start off with a leisurely bike ride around crystal clear Lake Bled, the first of many enchanting lakes you'll discover along the way. You cycle to the castle where you can rent a rowing boat. With the traditional Pletna boat you can then paddle comfortably across the lake to the island with the famous Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary. From there you can catch unique snapshots. A relaxed first day awaits you.
Today you cycle up to 750m to the plateau of Jelovica, from where you have a beautiful view of the Triglav National Park. On your bike tour you can stop in the blacksmith town of Kropa and visit the iron forge in the museum, where you can even forge your own nail. Your bike tour will take you to the charming old town of Radovljica, where you will be rewarded with a delicious ice cream. Who has desire can pay a visit to the interesting beekeeping museum.
Bled - Begunje - Bled
Today's bike tour will take you past the house of Slavko Avsenik, a legendary Slovenian folk musician. In his restaurant you can have a delicious lunch. In the afternoon you can discover the exciting museum of the hostages or the ruins of the castle Kamen along your bike tour. Another historical highlight along your route is the Brezje Basilica, which is an important pilgrimage site and a frequent destination for many inhabitants.
Bled – Gorje
Today you cycle to the beautiful Vintgar Gorge, which rises 150 m deep into the mountains of the Radovna River and ends with the impressive Sum Waterfall. Your route will take you on to the imposing Pokljuka Gorge, created over 10,000 years ago, on the eastern edge of the Plateuas. Here a walk through the ancient forests, along the historical rock formations with a view of the unique glacier is worthwhile.
Bled - Bohinj See
The transfer will take you to the top of the Pokljuka plateau, where you will cycle up to the Bohinj Valley, past the unique Slovenian landscape, to Lake Bohinj, a true jewel in the heart of this alpine region. You cycle around the lake and discover at the end the rushing Savica waterfall. With the cable car you float high up to the Vogelberg, from there you can enjoy impressive views over the valley.
Bled – Krma Tal
At the end of your cycle tour, you will cycle through the Radovna Valley, cross two great plateaus and arrive at the foot of Mount Triglav. After lunch your tour will take you through beautiful forests, historical monuments and traditional farmhouses from the 2nd World War. Stop by the famous museum who was visited by Prince Charles. In the evening you can let your last evening fade away with cosy drinks.
Category A: 4****-Hotel | Category B: 3***-Hotel
Child prices valid if they are staying in same room as 2 full price adults. Charges for children under 2 (for example Child bed) to be paid for at the time.
- 7 overnight stays in the chosen category incl. breakfast
- Free admission to the swimming pools of the hotels
- Welcome briefing
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (DE, EN)
- GPS-Data available
- Service hotline
- By half board dinner (multi course)
- Rental bikes for additional days EUR 15 per person and day, reservation necessary, payable in advance
- Organized transfer from Lubljana city to Bled, on request from 2 persons possible EUR 35 per person, reservation necessary, payable on site
- Organized transfer from Ljubljana Airport to Bled on request from 2 persons possible EUR 20 per person, reservation necessary, payable in advance
- Return transfer from Bled to Airport Klagenfurt on request from 2 persons possible EUR 65 per person, reservation necessary, payable in advance
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Klagenfurt, Ljubljana or Trieste.
- Train journey to Jesenice and from there by bus in approx. 30 minutes or by organised transfer to Kranjska Gora. Or train journey to Villach and with the taxi in approx. 30 minutes to the hotel.
- Parking: free hotel outdoor parking, no reservation necessary.
- No minimum age.
- Requirements: Basic condition and cycling skills.