Arrival in Stockholm
Individual arrival to Stockholm. In the evening a welcome briefing and bike fitting (if booked) takes place. Your hotel is located next to Tantolunden, Södermalm’s biggest park and waiting for a first exploration.
After breakfast your adventure starts - you cycle around Södermalm, the biggest of all islands in Stockholm. Circa half way ferry MS Emelie brings you within a short ride to the green island of Djurgården. In Junibacken, the museum for children it’s time to meet Pippi Longstocking, Karlsson-on-the-roof, Emil of Lönneberga or Ronnia, the robber’s daughter. Alternatively, Skansen, the oldest open-air museum Sweden’s or amusement park Grönalund can be visited.
Within a 20 minutes train ride you reach Tullinge, and after ca. 10 kilometres by bike you are in Lida amusement park. The 35 km wide area is awaiting you with a high ropes course, as well as adventure golf course and beach. Additionally, you can do a birdwatching tour or go fishing.
In Tantolunden park next to your hotel there is a lot to explore. Visit the playground or go for a swim, additionally you have the possibility to play mini golf, frisbee golf or beach volleyball, or to visit the open air theatre. Two times a week there is barbecue (Thurs-days from 10am-5pm and Friday from 11-12am). Alternatively, you can book a guided Kayak or Stand Up Paddling tour. In case of bad weather there is the possibility to visit Eriksdalsbadet - the indoor adventure park is only 2,5 kilometers away from the hotel (not included).
Off you go to the Vikings! After a short ride to the pier you continue by boat to Birka - Sweden’s first city. The vikings city is UNESCO world cultural heritage and was the most important trade centrum for sailors in earlier times. Your ticket includes not only the boat rides, but also the entry to the museum as well as an excursion into the historic fields. Don’t forget your swimming suits!
Departure or extension
After breakfast your tour ends in beautiful Stockholm. We are happy to extend your holidays with extra nights.
You cycle on bike paths and gravel roads as well as side roads with less traffic. Flat to slightly hilly tour course.
Category: Hotel Zinkensdamm***
* Child prices valid if they are staying in same room as 2 full price adults. Charges for children under 5 (for example Child bed) to be paid for at the time.
- 5 overnight stays as stated in Hotel Zinkensdamm***, breakfast included
- Welcome briefing
- Ferry on day 2 and entry Junibacken (or Skansen/Grönalund)
- Train ride day 3 and entry Lida leisure park
- Boat ride day 5 and entry Birka
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room with route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Airport Arlanda or Bromma, and by train or bus into the centre of Stockholm
- Arrival by train to Stockholm main train station, continue by subway, tram or taxi in about 10 minutes to the hotel
- Parking: Parking space for approx. EUR 17 per day, reservation not possible, payable on spot.
- No minimum age.
- Requirements: Basic fitness and cycle skills. The route is ideal for families.
- You cycle on bike paths and gravel roads as well as side roads with less traffic. Flat to slightly hilly tour course.
Your hotel is located on Södermalm - next to Tantolunden, the biggest park in the area with playground, football field, mini golf and beach. In the nature, but also in the middle of the city. Family rooms are equipped with four beds (double/twin bed and bunk bed).