River Aare and the Three Lake Region.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- No minimum age
- Approx. 155 km
Arrival in Aarau
This evening it is worth going for an evening walk through Aarau. Aarau’s pretty old town is charming with its painted undersides of roofs.
Aarau – Aarwangen
Cycle through sparse deciduous forests along the old course of the Aare near Olten and past Aarwangen castle in the same-named little village, Aare.
Today we have a wonderful cycle route planned for you. The bike tour will take you to Solothurn, one of the nicest baroque towns in Switzerland. Take a stroll along the promenade right by the river and then continue to Meienried where you will be staying in a straw dormitory at Family Käser’s farm.
Meienried – Biel
The River Aare meanders its way into the the Three Lakes Region. Along the way you will visit the Witi nature protection area. About 30 storks nest here every year. You continue towards Biel, which is Switzerland’s clock metropolis and that is located to the Eastern end of Lake Bieler.
Biel – Murten
Today you will deviate slightly away from the Midland route so that you can visit the small medieval little village of Murten, which has got a very well-kept town wall. Although the wall is under historical preservation, there is a good circular walk you can do on the wall.
Loop tour by Lake Murten
On this tour you will discover the historic town of Murten and the pretty wine villages of the Vully region. Ideal for history buffs, but also for bathing friends, sun worshipers and lovers of good wine and regional products.
The route is mainly flat and is well suited for families with young children. There are almost no cars on route and you go through fields and forests.
Category: 4x 3***-hotel or guest house, 1x family room in hostel, 1x overnight stay in a hay dormitory
Charges for children younger than 2 to be paid for there.
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room with route maps or overview maps and route description
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Take the train to Aarau and then a taxi for a few minutes to get to your accommodation.
- Parking: Car park in Aarau costs approx. EUR 18 per day. No reservation possible. Payable on site.
- Return by train. Takes about 2 hours from Yvonand via Biel and Olten to Aarau. Costs about EUR 45 per person and journey.
- No minimum age.
- Requirements: Basic fitness and cycling skills.
- The route is mainly flat and is well suited for families with young children. There are almost no cars on route and you go through fields and forests.