Salzburg mountain farmers and Styrian castles.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- No minimum age
- Approx. 185 km
Arrival in St. Michael in the Lungau region
You start your cycle tour along the river Mur. Have your first intervall at Mossham palace. Guided tours of the palace possible daily, guided tours especially for children available every Thursday. Onwards via Tamsweg to Ramingstein, where the next castle already awaits: Finstergrün Castle!
Ramingstein – Murau
You continue along the course of the river Mur to St. Ruprecht, where you can visit a Styrian timber museum. Then onwards into the brewery town of Murau.
Only after a few kilometres you reach Frojach, home of the narrow-gauge railway museum. After that onwards to Scheifling, where you can spend the afternoon relaxing until the end of the day at the natural bathing lake located directly at the Mur-cycle-path!
A stopover in the Styrian leisure park ‚Fairy Tale Forest - Märchenwald Steiermark’ is highly recommended. In your Day Finish Judenburg the adventure pool awaits or the thermal spa Aqualux with separate children and family area!
For cycle and motor sport enthusiasts we suggest a detour to the Austrian Formula 1 race course ‚Spielberg-Ring’. Then via Knittelfeld with its model railway museum onwards to St. Michael in Upper Styria. In this village, you find an open-air museum, created in a 300-year old farm house.
You cycle via Leoben, Styria’s second biggest city, all the way to your Day Finish and end of the tour, Bruck an der Mur. You can round off your holiday with a little stroll through the town and up the castle rock!
Departure or extension
Your return transfer takes you back to the starting point of the tour, St. Michael im Lungau, or alternatively spend extra days in Bruck or Graz (good train connections).
Short daily stages. There are a few smaller ascents to tackle, which are rewarded by descents afterwards. Between Tamsweg and Unzmarkt the route can be cut short by taking the train ‚Dampfbummelzug’ of the Murtal-railway.
| Season 1 |
02.05.2020 - 22.05.2020
05.09.2020 - 19.09.2020
| Season 2 |
23.05.2020 - 04.09.2020
|Mur-Cycle Path, 8 days, AT-STAMR-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||129.00||129.00|
Category: 3***-hotels, JUFA hotels, inns and B&Bs
Child prices valid if they are staying in same room as 2 full price adults. Charges for children under 6 (for example Child bed) to be paid for at the time.
| Season 1 |
May 2, 2020 - May 22, 2020
Sep 5, 2020 - Sep 19, 2020
| Season 2 |
May 23, 2020 - Sep 4, 2020
|St. Michael in Lungau|
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||55.00||69.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||80.00||94.00|
|Bruck an der Mur/Oberaich|
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||59.00||65.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||94.00||100.00|
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Welcome briefing
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room with route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by bike-taxi to St. Michael: every Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat at 3.45 pm and Sun at aapprox.12.45 pm, EUR 45 per person and EUR 35 per child, bike included, reservation required, payable on site.
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Airport Salzburg, Munich or Graz.
- Arrival by train in Salzburg and by bus or in parts by taxi bus into the Lungau region. Details on request.
- Parking: unguarded parking spaces free of charge on the company grounds, underground car park EUR 9 per day or carport EUR 20 per week, no reservation needed, payable on site.
- The return journey by public transport needs to be changed several times.
- No minimum age.
- Requirements: good basic fitness level and cycling skills. The route is ideal for families.
- Short daily stages. There are a few smaller ascents to tackle, which are rewarded by descents afterwards. Between Tamsweg and Unzmarkt the route can be cut short by taking the train ‚Dampfbummelzug’ of the Murtal-railway.