Tauern-Cycle Path – based in one hotel
Cycling & Action around Maishofen.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- No minimum age
- Approx. 90 or 140 km
Arrival in Maishofen
Arrive in Maishofen and move into your accommodation. The travel documents and rental bikes (if booked) are in your hotel.
Bike golf in Maishofen
It’s time to set off to explore where you will be staying on holiday by bike. Boredom will be miles away because there are plenty of places to play and have fun! Equipped with a map and golf clubs, you will head from one golf course to the next. That’s how you will explore the best spots in Maishofen whilst playing at the same time. In the meantime, you can take a break at one of the many guest houses and farms to fuel up with some regional food. Who will manage to get the most hole in ones despite the obstacles?
On flat paths, you will go along lake Zell’s promenade and around the crystal-clear lake Zell. 3 lidos offer you swimming fun for the whole family for when you want to take a break from the cycling. If you haven’t used up your urge to move, you can try out Stand Up Paddling excellently or even water skiing on lake Zell. Then you will head back to Maishofen via Thumersbach and the Schüttdorfer moor.
For both big and small this a unique nature show and a fascination experience: the Krimml waterfalls. They are even Europe’s largest waterfalls! When on holiday in Salzburger Land, a visit to these waterfalls should not be missed out on. So, get on the Krimml train and head off to the waterfalls. From there you will keep cycling downhill back to Maishofen. If wished, you can shorten your route with the train.
Today’s cycle tour starts off being slightly hilly to Saalfelden and then further on to lake Ritzen. The giant natural swimming pool is well-known for its pleasant water temperatures, the great kid pools and the cool play area. Here you can play some mini golf. Those who want to can extend their cycle tour to the summer toboggan run Biberg. You will then have a small ascent to climb and then a speedy descent down to Maishofen.
Trip to the Großglockner
Today, Austria’s highest mountain is waiting for you: the Großglockner! With the tour bus, you can reach a height of 2,503m from where you enjoy a unique view of the mountains. The bus ride along across the Großglockner Straße is a great experience on its own. Once you have got up high, a national park ranger will answer all of your questions. A great day for the whole family!
Departure or extension
Today the mountains say “farewell” to you. But admittedly: there is still a lot to do and explore in this region. High ropes park, visiting the glaciers and lots more. So maybe you would like to stay another day in Maishofen?
Almost entirely flat route along the Salzach and Saalach valleys, often along the Tauern-Cycle Path. Only small hills when the cycle route leaves the riverside. You mainly cycle on bike paths and very quiet side roads. Very short sections on busy roads.
Category: 4**** Landhotel Schloss Kammer
Child prices when they are staying in the same room as two fully paying adults. Costs for children younger than 6 are to be paid for locally at the time.
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- 6x Half board (3-course menu, with 1x Pinzgauer Kasnockenpfanne (traditional cheesy dish)
- 1x voucher for solarium
- 1x Infrared cabin voucher
- Free entrance to the lido in Maishofen/Zeller See
- Bike golf incl. map and clubs
- Train journey from Zell am See – Krimml (without bike ticket)
- Entrance to the Krimml waterfalls
- Salzburger Land Card with lots of privileges included (Entrance to Museum Schloss Ritzen, Hohe Tauern national park center and much more)
- Welcome briefing
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room with route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Journey with the tour bus to the Großglockner is not included. This costs EUR 29 per person and is to be paid for at the time from roughly the middle of June to the end of September it is possible 2x per week
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Salzburg and then take the bus in about 2 hours to Munich.
- Take the train to Zell am See and then the bus or taxi in about 10 minutes to Maishofen.
- Parking: free outdoor hotel car parking spaces, no reservation possible.
- No minimum age.
- Requirements: basic fitness and cycle skills. All routes are well-suited for families.
- Almost entirely flat route along the Salzach and Saalach valleys, often along the Tauern-Cycle Path.
- Only small hills when the cycle route leaves the riverside. You mainly cycle on bike paths and very quiet side roads. Very short sections on busy roads.
- Daily places to swim in lake Zell and in the natural bathing pools.
Hotel Schloss Kammer
The family has been leading the agricultural and touristic family business for eight generations now. The castle, which was fully renovated in 1994 and 2007, will take you back to ancient times and still you won’t miss any modern comfort. The hotel restaurant is widely known for its Pinzgau specialities. The Badstub`n spa invites you to relax.