Riding Week in Tuscany - Horseback tours - Monte Giovi
The loveliest part of Italy.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Guided group tour
- Minimum age: 16 years
- Minimum number of participants: 4 people
Arrival in Vallebona
Arrival to the riding school. On your first ride you get to know the area and your hosts. In the evening there is a short information briefing. Depending on which tour type you choose, you will then have the following program:
The horseback tours take you into Tuscany’s extensive hilly landscape. After a briefing and an introduction on the riding ground you go out for lengthy day rides through this picturesque landscape. Once you have got used to your horse, you commence a three day ride in the middle of the week. You will put your lunch in your saddlebag and spend the nights at a family-run accommodation.
A nature reserve near Florence is the destination of this tour. Along rivers and past small vineyards, you ride west until you reach this rock massif. The rides lead partly through centuries-old forests. Breathtaking views awaiting you. On the last day you will return back to the riding school and say goodbye to your horses before you head back home.
Category: family-run guest house, two rooms share always one bathroom.
- 7 overnight stays as stated in the chosen category, breakfast included
- 7x half-board evening meal
- Daily rides
- Luggage transfer
- All necessary equipment for the program
- Welcome briefing
- English speaking tour representative
- Transfer from/to the riding school costs about € 45 each, Reservation is necessary, payable on site
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Florence and take the train for 30 minutes to Pontassieve.
- Parking: you can park for free at the riding school, no reservation possible.
- Minimum age 16 years old.
- Requirements: Basic level of fitness.
- You will stay overnight in a traditional country house. There is always one bathroom for every two bedrooms.
- Riding style: Western.
Surrounded by the typical Tuscan countryside, yet only 20 km from Florence, among olive groves, vineyards, ancient farms and castles, lies the equestrian center in Vallebona.