Riding Week in Tyrol - beginners
A riding adventure for everyone.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- Minimum age: 4 years
Sunday is a rest day for the horses. Use the day to familiarise yourself with the farm and the surrounding area. You can take a small walk to one of the nearby little huts (Almen). There is always something to do on the farm and for children there is a lot to discover.
Try out Riding
Your first day’s riding is a trial session so that the instructors can gauge what level you are at. Mucki, Fenia, Bella as well as 6 more haflingers live on the farm and these horses will be your escorts over the next few days. A horse will be assigned to you within the first few hours.
Slowly you will get to know your horse and how to treat it. The instructors will take your ability into account and give you lessons at a suitable level. This means that you will constantly make progress and that you will always be having fun. On the 5th evening, we have arranged something special for you. You will go for a ride through the valley by horse and cart. In a traditional manner, the parents can have a liquor at the end of the ride.
Today you will have your last riding lesson. After the 1 hour lesson you can do what you want for the rest of the day. Go on a short walk in the Pitztal valley or spend some time with the animals on the farm.
Ride around the area
Today it is time to put what you have learnt into practice. You get on your horse and begin the horse ride. This tour goes along quiet tracks along the valley floor. You can show off what you have learnt in the previous days. A great end to the week.
Category: Apartments at the farm/riding school
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Welcome drink
- Drink at the Taschacher Alm (only on the advanced program)
- 2 uses of the sauna per week
- Daily use of the infrared cabins
- Summer card Pitztal with many inclusive services (Entrée XP Adventurepark, free use Pitztaler mountain railways, etc.)
- Equipment for all activities
- Final cleaning in the apartments
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room
- Service hotline
Things to note
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Innsbruck.
- Take the train to Innsbruck. From there you can get to Imst-Pitztal within 30 minutes or you can take the bus to St. Leonhard in Pitztal/Tieflehn within 45 minutes.
- Parking: free car parking spaces at the riding school. No reservation possible.
- Minimum age: 4 years old.
- Requirements: for the advanced program you need to have already mastered trotting and galloping. The beginner’s program doesn’t require any prior riding knowledge.
- Depending on the weather and on local events, the itinerary may be altered.
- Riding style: English.
This tour has 1 more variation
Almhotel & Reithof Pitztal
The riding school run by the Eiter family offers everything that horse lovers could wish for. There are nine halflings available, which can be ridden daily.