Cycling, hiking and canoeing in Timmendorfer Strand
- 6 Days / 5 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- No minimum age
- No minimum number of participants
Arrival at the Baltic Sea to Timmendorf beach and move into your accommodation. The travel documents and rental bikes (if booked) are at your hotel. Today you have got time to check out the large range of activities offered incl. free sport and recreational activities.
The first day is well suited for exploring the area on a leisurely walk. You shall head towards the beach promenade and Niendorf harbour. You stroll along the promenade and dive into the modern Baltic Sea lifestyle. Then you will walk along the Aalbeck to Niendorf bird park, where there are around 1,000 species of birds for you to see. You continue walking to the Herman-Löns Turm. On one of the long wooden bridges via the Aalbeck, you can admire the many species of birds in the wild. You walk past Lake Heemelsdorf where you can find Germany’s lowest point. You will return back to Timmendorf beach and your accommodation through the beautiful nature protection area, Aalbeek-Niderungen.
Today you take the train (organised by yourself) for about 1.5 hours to the Baltic island, Fehmarn. As soon as you have crossed the impressive Fehmarns bridge, you get the island feeling straight away. You start the tour from the station, Burg auf Fehmarn, on the cycle path that has been built on the old train tracks towards the South and to the South beach. Here you can grab your swimming things and relax in one of the many thousands of deck chairs. If the weather were to be bad the gigantic swimming pool ‘FehMare’ is a great place to spend the time. You will then continue on your way along the bike path network to Puttgarden running along the length of the East coast. There are lots of lidos along the way where you can cool down. Enjoy the beautiful cliff views! You then continue cycling to the Niobe monument and from there you head back to where you started through the inland island areas. Those who would like to spend longer swimming can do the shorter cycle ride. You can then head back to Timmendorf beach by train.
Lübeck, the hanseatic town is worth a visit: the old town has been well maintained and has therefore become a UNESCO world heritage site. Culture is abundant here and there is a lot for children to explore ranging from Lübeck’s harbour to a history adventure area, ships and play areas. You shall explore Lübeck’s old town from a very unique and active standpoint - from a canoe! After a short train ride and a walk you will receive your equipment and get into your canoe. It doesn’t matter which direction you choose as the light current means that paddling around the old town is a leisurely tour that is manageable for every ability. You can paddle around in a relaxed manner and observe the town’s hustle and bustle from the water. You will slowly go through the ‘Strecknitzfahrer’ quarter and past the museum harbour. After your canoe tour, you will take the train back to Timmendorf beach. Particularly sporty families can cycle the route both to and from Lübeck.
Today you get back on your bike. You cycle along the promenade towards the North past the SEA LIFE Timmendorf beach where there are over 2,500 animals in over 38 tanks and aquariums. Then continue to Scharbeutz and Haffkrug. The Baltic Sea and its sandy beaches will lure you to take a break and to go for a dip or alternatively maybe you fancy an ice cream and a little stroll along the promenade? You then continue your cycle ride to Sierksdorf. The large Hansa park is located here. It has over 125 attractions and 35 rides. Fun is guaranteed here! You then continue along the bike path to the Lübeck bay and to the Neustädt harbour. From there you go via Pönitz am See and then back to Scharbeutz. From there you will recognise the last few kilometres back to your hotel.
Departure or extension
Having spent the last days in the nature and being adventurous, it is time to go back home. Or would you like to extend your holiday and spend a few more days on the beach?
| Season 1 |
05.04.2020 - 11.04.2020
04.10.2020 - 25.10.2020
| Season 2 |
12.04.2020 - 13.06.2020
16.08.2020 - 03.10.2020
| Season 3 |
14.06.2020 - 15.08.2020
|Multi activity holiday Baltic Sea, 6 days, DE-MBATS-06X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||155.00||155.00||155.00|
|Surcharge half board evening meal 4x (3-course menu)||139.00||139.00||139.00|
|Surcharge half board evening meal 4x children 7-12 years (3-course menu)||69.00||69.00||69.00|
|Surcharge single with child||149.00||149.00||149.00|
|Surcharge sea view||99.00||99.00||99.00|
Category: 4 **** - Hotel
Children's prices valid in the extra room.
Children sharing a room with 2 full-paying guests pay € 0.
Children sharing a room with 1 full-paying person € 0 + surcharge single with child.
- 5 overnight stays in Maritim ClubHotel Timmendorfer Strand****, breakfast included
- Welcome drink and one bottle of water in the room
- 1x dinner as set menu or buffet on arrival day
- 1x coffee and cake at the golf club’s bistro
- 1x coffee in Karls adventure village
- 6x bottle of water on the room
- Rent for canoe incl. boat transport (canoe)
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room with route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course from the buffet)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price.
- Train to Fehmarn costs approx EUR 28 per person and bike, payable on site. Not applicable if you will have a car.
- Train to Lübeck approx. EUR 14 per person and bike, payable on site. Not applicable if you will have a car.
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Hamburg and then take a train for about 2 hours to Timmendorf beach, or you can take the shuttle to Timmendorf beach, which costs about € 120 per journey. To be paid for at the time.
- Once you have arrived at Timmendorf beach by train, take a taxi for a few minutes to the hotel. Costs about € 7 per journey. To be paid for at the time.
- Parking: free outdoor parking near the hotel, no reservation required or Parking places available in the hotel garage for about € 12 per day, payable on site, no reservation necessary.
- No minimum age.
- Requirements: basic fitness, cycle and swim skills. Canoeing is suitable for novices and children.
- Easy routes and cycle tours well-suited for families, which can be shortened by public transport if necessary. Bike routes mainly go on bike paths or very quiet side roads. Very short sections are on busier roads.
- Swimming in the sea possible every day.