Arrival in Viana do Castelo and check-in at accommodation. Enjoy the impressive view onto the sea.
SUP River Tour
Today you start with a Stand Up Paddel-Tour. Your adventure kicks off at a river island located slightly outside town. You follow the river current downstream. Soon you have a breathtaking panoramic view onto Viana do Castelo. You come by oyster farms and gently glide under the impressive Eiffel-bridge. A cool experience for the whole family!
Mountain Bike Tour
On your bike and off you go on your moutain bike tour across Portugal’s stunning scenery. You cycle to the hightest point of Santa Luzia. Once you reach the top, an impressive 360 °-panoramaic view awaits. This challenging ascent is followed by a fun-filled descent. You cycle past Areosa. All adventurers amongst you get to test their downhill-skills on a practice run. A day filled with bike-action!
In the North of Portugal there are countless spots for surfing! There are plenty of opportunities both for beginners, experienced surfers as well as professionals. You get to gain your initial surfing experience directly at the beach in front of your hotel and also get to expand your range of surfing-abilities. Guides are always at your side to support you. Portugal is a perfect place to experience the first surfing sensation and get a feel for the waves.
Tie your hiking shoes and embark on a tour across the rolling hills of the North. Your guide leads you to unique places. You discover the many different facets of the island, walk past rural culture, glance at wild coastline and walk through the centre of Viana do Castelo. Once you reach the mountain summit you are rewarded with a breathtaking view across the landscape and the sea.
Leisurely you cycle across the renowned Eiffel-bridge into the town centre. There you can either embark on a boat tour, visit the historic centre of Viana or take a coffee break in Praia Norte. On your route back you cycle past the tranquil harbour. Alternatively at sunset you have the option of cycling around the beach bay to the fishing harbour of Pedra Alta. A cocktail at the beach bar is particularly delicious, especially at sunset with a view onto all the fishing boats.
Portugal‘s North has to offer so many cool outdoor activities. Today you get to do whatever you fancy. Children can run riot in the Kids Club whilst parents relax at a yoga class. Or try to discover more of the country whilst cycling? The guides are happy to show you further amazing hiking tours or simply thoroughly test the spa area in the hotel. Another exciting day in Portugal awaits!
Departure or extension
Day 8: Departure or extension
Unfortunately your adventure week in Portugal is coming to an end. Do you fancy staying a few more days? There is still so much to be discovered!
Categorie: Guesthouse 3***S | Youth hostel 3*** | Holiday apartment 3***
Child prices are valid in rooms or the holiday apartment with two full paying adults
- 7 overnight stays in hotel FeelViana****, breakfast included
- SUP tour incl. equipment and guide
- Mountain bike tour incl. equipment and guide
- Surfing incl. equipment and guide
- Walking tour incl. guide
- Cycling tour incl. equipment and guide
- One activity of your choice incl. equipment and guide
- All transfers according to program
- Detailed travel information 1x per room
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meals (buffet)
- On site there are further activities bookable for a fee: kite surfing, windsurfing, sailing, yoga and many more, reservation possible, payable in advance.
- Rental bikes available on site (already included in activities)
- Deduction for double room with garden view possible on request
- Organized transfer from the airport in approx. 45 minutes to the hotel, cost approx. EUR 90 per ride, reservation necessary, payable on site.
- Single room with garden view possible on request
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Arrival by plane in Porto and by transfer or by train in approx. 2 hours to the hotel.
- Arrival by train in Viana do Castelo and then a short walk or by taxi to the hotel, approx. EUR 6 per ride, payable on site.
- Minimum age 6 years old.
- Requirements: swimming skills, basic fitness and surefootedness.
- Should you not be keen on one of the suggested activities, simply contact us – we are very happy to offer an alternative adventure!
- Depending on the weather and local circumstances the itinerary is subject to change.
- Daily swimming opportunities in the outdoor or indoor pool or at the beach.
Only a few minutes walk to the beach is the location of the 4****-hotel FeelViana, which offers a perfect base for your activities. Your accommodation opened its doors in 2017 and offers tons of charm and comfort.