Travel to the tri-border region
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- Minimum age: 4 years
- No minimum number of participants
Arrival in Jülich
Arrive in Jülich and move into your accommodation.
Today you begin your activity holiday with full action! Equipped with life jackets and a paddle you start your rafting tour in Linnich. You rapidly raft down to Hilfahrt due to the Rur’s strong current. This is really fun - especially when everyone gets soaked for the first time! During this splash-full family tour you are always safe because the extremely robust rubber dinghies never capsize. Rafting in Nordrhein-Westfalen is fun for all the family.
You need to arrange taking the train yourself today to get to Düren, the town of the markets. After a short stroll it is time to get on your bikes. You energetically cycle along Rur’s river bank and then back to Jülich. You follow this section of the river Rur’s cycle path, which is particularly well-suited for families. The way is always flat, all the way to Jülich. Beautiful scenery and pristine nature accompany you all the way along the Rur. If you want to cycle further, there are many ways to extend it.
The Brückenkopf-Park is like an Eldorado for families and those looking for an adventure. How practical that your hotel is located right there! There is so much to explore: the zoo, the historical fortress, the forest play area, the themed gardens, the water play area, the float pond, the high ropes course, the mini golf, the canoe rental centre and much more! Entrance into the park is already included in your tour price.
There are two wonderful walks that you can pick between today. One option is going on a great day’s walk along the Sophienhöhe. Due to the Braunkohletagebau Hambach there is a free time and relaxation area here. There is a long network of footpaths that go past ponds and lakes with viewpoints and game reserves. This walk guarantees a diverse day out that keeps the whole family entertained. Alternatively you can get very close to nature in the Inde floodplain. As well as getting to see plenty of vivid meadow flora, you will also get great views of the Inde mines.
Football golf in Inden
Great fun for football fanatics! The goal is to kick the ball into the hole with as few kicks as possible. Just like with mini golf, every hole has got its individual challenges. Skill, but also anticipatory placement of the ball and strategic play are all important. Who is the best football golfer and going to win against your family?
Category: JUFA Hotel Jülich
- 6 overnight stays in JUFA Hotel Jülich in Brückenkopf-Park , breakfast included
- Rafting tour on the Rur incl. equipment and guide
- Entrance fees for football golf
- Entrance fees to the Brückenkopf-Park Jülich
- Detailed travel documents (route maps, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, from buffet)
- Rental bikes cost approx. EUR 8 per day. Reservation necessary, payable on site. Only available for adults
- You can book some more activities on spot, high rope course, canoe, miniature golf, payable on site
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Train ride for the bike tour. Approx. EUR 8 per adult and EUR 5 per child, payable on site
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Fly to either Köln Bonn or to Dusseldorf and then take the train for about 1.5 - 2 hours to Jülich.
- Take the train to Jülich and then a taxi for about 15 minutes to the hotel
- Parking: free hotel car parking spaces. No reservation possible.
- Minimum age: 4 years old.
- Requirements: being able to swim.
- Other activities like adventure ropes, canoeing and minigolf are payable on site.
- Daily swimming possible at the outdoor play pool.
JUFA Hotel Jülich at Brückenkopf-Park
Within this lovely border triangle area of Holland, Belgium and Germany and also not far away from the Indeland and the holiday and relaxation region of the Rureifel is the JUFA Hotel in Jülich, which is a great place to stay for the whole family.