Where nature is the experience.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- Minimum age: 6 years old
- No minimum number of participants
Arrival in Lofer
Arrival in Lofer or St. Martin bei Lofer and move into your accommodation.
Today is going to be action packed: our family rafting is a lot of fun for both you and your family. On an easy to middle difficulty tour, you go rushing off down the river. Breath-taking landscape is of course included with today’s activity. But, don’t worry: our guides make sure that you get the right mix between easy paddling and an energetic descent.
Equipped with the necessary equipment, you head straight to the climbing rock today. You learn the basics for mountaineering: securing and abseiling, ascent and descent to the rock face and basic climbing. But it is also essential to take the correct equipment for today! A real experience for the whole family.
Become a natural scientist: in a playful manner you learn about interesting and scientific things about the environment and the nature. A nature reserve guide accompanies you along the length of the forest trail. They will show you the forest habitat with its many plants and animals. Many games and sensory experiences are waiting for you.
As with Heidi, Peter & Co: today you can experience the true Alm (small mountain hut) life. You can even test out the Alm’s tools and equipment. Whilst on a gentle walk up to the Alm with a nature park guide you will learn everything that there is to learn about Alm-life. Afterwards you are then rewarded with a tasty Almjause. You can stir the butter that you will eat at lunch yourself!
3D hunting archery
In the footsteps of the Indians and Rangers equipped with arrows and bows. Today you go to the hunting grounds of the bow course. But first you have to learn the right technique. With the help of your guide you will practice different targets. Then sneak through the forest and try your hand at the many 3D targets. Fun for young and old.
Wandergolf: unique fun in the Salzburger Saalachtal. Equipped with a specific wooden club and a wooden ball you head from course to course spread across Lofer and St. Martin. Now that’s a different way to explore and discover the area. Various obstacles are waiting for you. Who is going to win?
Categorie: Guesthouse 3***S | Youth hostel 3*** | Holiday apartment 3***
Child prices are valid in rooms or the holiday apartment with two full paying adults
- 7 overnight stays in your selected category
- Catering: guest house includes breakfast, youth hostel includes 6x half board (buffet), holiday apartment is self-catered
- Family rafting includes equipment and guide
- Mountaineering training includes equipment and guide
- Family program: Out and about as forest detectives & water researchers
- 3D hunting archery incl. guide and equipment
- Hut Hiking incl. Guide
- Entrance to the Saalachtaler natural forces (Vorderkaserklamm, Lamprechtshöhle and Seisenbergklamm)
- Use of the Loferer Almbahn (lift)
- Entrance to the “Almenwelt Lofer”
- Salzburger Saalachtal Card with lots of includes activities, things to see and do
- Bus transfers to the activities (included in the Saalachtal Card)
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (DE, EN)
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course from the buffet)
- Breakfast staying overnight at the holiday apartment costs approx. EUR 10 per person per day, payable on site
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Final clean staying at the holiday apartment costs about EUR 36 per week. Payable there and then
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Salzburg.
- Arrival by train to Salzburg and then take the bus to Lofer (about 1.5 hours). Or take the train to Bad Reichenhall and then the bus to Lofer in about 45 minutes.
- Parking: free hotel car parking spaces, no reservation is necessary.
- Minimum age 6 years old.
- Requirements: swimming for the rafting tour and general enjoyment of an active lifestyle.
- Depending on the weather, the tour can be altered.
- Possibility to swim every day either at Steinbergbad Lofer or Alpenbad Unken.
- Upon request, the family rafting can be switched with family canyoning.
Guest house Bad Hochmoos
The Schlechter family welcomes you in their very quiet yet central location. You will spot the individual and cosy atmosphere right upon your arrival. Gasthof Bad Hochmoos is an ideal starting point for lots of activities in the surrounding area.
Youth Hostel Salzburgerhof
Bustling and lively. That describes the feeling that you get when you walk into the Salzburgerhof – the only kids and youth hotel that exists in Lofer. That’s especially the case when a larger group of young people are staying here.