Arrival in Sintra
Arrive in Sintra and move into your accommodation. You will get information about your week of activities.
A varied and balanced week is waiting for you. The following activities will be planned for you:
3 days Surfing course
Have you always wanted to give surfing a go? Perfect! Optimal conditions are awaiting you. On this surfing course you will be introduced to the fascinating sport of surfing. Of course, safety comes first on our course! You will learn all of the key skills about how to handle your board - the full surfing experience. Additionally there will be theory about the safety rules, about the waves and much more. You will learn to love this sport in small groups. Highly motivated and of course certified guides will pick out the best surfing spots for you. There will also provide you with equipment suitable for your ability. Our surfing course is the best way to get into surfing! Are you already a surfing pro and would like to rock the Portuguese waves? That’s fine too! Our course will be adapted depending on your ability. The guides choose the focus of the course depending on your aspirations as well. You will be given tips on how to improve your skills! Excellent places for all surfing enthusiasts - that is Portugal!
Today is a day of relaxation: but of course active relaxation. You will start the day with a yoga session. This requires concentration for the body but rest for the mind. Sheer body awareness! Afterwards you can just chill out and enjoy the beach! There are 129 kilometres of coastline waiting for you. Would you prefer to stay at the lively Praia Grande beach or would you prefer to go to a quiet bay? It's your beach holiday to be carried out as you like it. Or maybe you don’t like sitting around on the beach and want to get out doing something adventurous again. How about some climbing? Our local guides will happily help you. If you would prefer to sleep for longer then you can do the yoga session in the evening. Pleasant relaxation amid inspirational nature.
Today is another sporty day but also flexible day because you decide what you want to do. Do you want to get on a bike and explore one of the most diverse European regions? Or would you prefer to walk through the exciting scenery? Maybe climbing takes your fancy? Whatever you choose our guides will accompany you with local knowledge and will pick the best things for you to do on any three of these tour options. Steep cliffs, deep valleys and high mountains will make you sweat. Breathtaking views are guaranteed. Discover the diverse flora here at Serra de Sintra.
Self-guided trip to Sintra
You can’t really come here without taking a trip to Sintra. The small yet picturesque town has lots of crooked alleys that have a lot to offer for those keen on culture but also those looking for some souvenirs. Palaces, fortresses and castles: there are numerous cultural and historic attractions here. You can walk through the town however you like and on your own. Make sure to try some portuguese food too. It’s almost a shame that there is only one day allocated for visiting SIntra, the little town at the foot of the Sierra de Sintra coastal mountains.
Departure or extension
Today it is time to go back home - or maybe you would like to improve your surfing skills for another day?
Cat. A: The Lodge
Cat. B: Star Pine Lodge
Cat. C: Star Pine Lodge with a shared bathroom
- 7 overnight stays in the choosen category incl. breakfast
- Daily packed lunch
- 3-day surf course (half-day) incl. equipment and guide
- 2 yoga sessions incl. Guide
- Bike tour, trekking tour or climbing (your choice) incl. equipment and guide
- 2 uses of the sauna and jacuzzi (only if you book Cat A.)
- Welcome briefing
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room
- Service hotline
- Organised transfer from Lisbon airport costs approx. EUR 50 for up to 3 people or approx. EUR 75 for 4-8 people. Pay at the time
- You can book more activities when you are there if you pay: MTB Downhill and much more
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Lisbon and then take the train for about 45 minutes to Sintra. From there you can be picked up for free from the owners of where you will be staying upon request.
- Minimum age: 8 years. Those mountain biking must be at least 14 years old.
- Requirements: Swimming skills and a good level of basic fitness.
- Surfing experience is not necessary and a beginners’ course is included in the price. Also suitable for experienced surfers because an advanced course can be included if requested.
- The order of the activities will be established when you are there.
Your accommodation “The Lodge” is not far away from Lisbon yet is located in the middle of the Sintra-Cascais nature protection area. The new type of outdoor sport camp! It is just a few minutes walk away from the beach.
Star Pine Lodge
This place is located just a few minutes walk away from “The Lodge” and is actually even closer to the beach than “The Lodge” is. “Star Pine Lodge” has recently been newly renovated. Your stay here is perfected through a cool pool to chill in, a relaxed garden and a large yoga area.