A Provençale River Adventure.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- Minimum age: 7 years
Between 15:00 and 19:00 you can pick up your equipment for your journey. After you have got your camping equipment, you can get mentally prepare yourself by sitting on the river bank thinking about your adventure over the next few days.
Vogue – Pradons
In the morning you will be brought to Vogue. You will start your canoe tour from there. The first part of your tour is relatively simple. Perfect for getting used to sitting in a canoe before the stages get more demanding. Shortly after Lanas, today’s stage gets a bit more difficult: here you will have to go over the first canoe flume.
Pradons – Ruoms
Today you will go past the Cirque de Giens, a large meander, surrounded by rugged rock cliffs. Take a quick break on one of the many sand banks and enjoy this impressive landscape. Afterwards you canoe further on through the village of Ruoms. On market days this town is very lively!
By now you are getting good at navigating your boat on the Ardeche. That is also necessary because today’s stage offers a lot of diversity. You will go through the famous Canyon von Vallon. Here there are several canoe slides to conquer. At the end of the day, you will stay overnight at the Vallon-Pont-d’Arc once again.
Today is a rest day! If you are not traveling with your own car, a transfer will bring you a transfer to the caves Chauvet, where you can visit ancient rock paintings. Afterwards, you are best off grabbing your swimming clothes and spending a relaxed afternoon on the Ardeche’s river bank.
Vallon-Pont-d’Arc - Sauze
After yesterday’s quiet day, you set off back in your canoe today! Soon after you start today’s stage you will reach the well-known Charlemagne rapids. Take your time and watch this section from the river bank first because it is much more demanding than anything else you have done up to now. But don’t worry: the journey through the rapids is great fun for both beginners and advanced canoeists. Another highlight is the journey past the famous Pont d'Arc. This stony arch is really breath-taking especially when viewing it from the water. The river takes you further on to a marked biviac site. You will spend the night here outdoors! If the weather is bad, there is one large tent available for all canoeists. In the early morning, you will set off in your canoe and enjoy the last kilometres canoeing along the Ardeche. At the end of your tour, you will then be brought to Vallon Pon d’Arc.
Departure or extension
| Season 1 |
25.06.2020 - 31.08.2020
|Canoe Ardèche, 8 days, FR-ARAVA-08X|
|Base price|| |
Category: Camping and Biwas
Children’s rates valid with two paying adults.
- 6 overnight stays in a two-man tent, 1 overnight stay in a Biwak (Day 6)
- Day 6 Lunch and Dinner
- Day 7 with breakfast
- Canoe with equipment
- Camping equipment
- Visit the Chauvet grottoes (transfer included if you need)
- Full cooking equipment
- Water tight luggage barrels or day sacks
- Luggage transfer (not on day 6 and 7)
- Transfers according to the program
- Service hotline
Things to note
- Sleeping bag is not included
- When you get given your equipment, you will have to pay a deposit of EUR 150
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Take the train to Valence (TGV), and then take the bus to Vallon-Pont-d’Arc (approx. 2.5 hours)
- Parking: free, outdoor, unobserved car parking spaces. No advance notification necessary
- Minimum age: 7 years.
- Requirements: basic fitness and swimming skills.
- Overnight stays at camping sites with restaurants and shops.
- Total distance: approx. 60 km.
- Canoe time per day: 4 hours.
- On the 6th day you will the spend the night at «Gorge de l'Ardèche».
- On the 6th and 7th day the required luggage is carried in the canoe (no luggage transport).