The river of islands.
- 9 Days / 8 Nights
- Guided group tour
- Minimum age: 5 years old
- Number of participants: min. 10 | max. 22 people
Arrival in Decize
Arrive at the camping site and prepare for your first night of camping.
Decize – Cosne
At 10:30 on the first day will get an extensive introduction about canoeing and the necessary paddle strokes. Once you have familiarised yourself with your canoe and your group and have packed up your things so that they are watertight, your adventure shall begin! This part of the Loire river is often named “Loire des Îles“ (the river of islands). On your way to Cosne you will go past exceptional nature scenery and lots of cultural attractions. The Loire starts off as a very small river and during the tour it gets bigger and bigger. You will visit a town called Nevers. It has got a majestic cathedral and you can buy some delicious food from cafes and walk through the little French alleyways. A wonderful nature protection area awaits your visit you as well as the wine-growing town, Sancerre. In small towns and villages, you can get more baguettes, french cheese and fresh fruit and vegetables. Huge sand banks ensure that you will have a diverse week of canoeing as they serve as good places to sleep but also to swim from or to sunbathe. You will canoe for about 3-5 hours every day. The length of the stages has been made with children in mind. Teamwork is especially important on this tour. In the afternoon you will set up camp on one of the sand banks and everyone needs to help. Tents need to be set up and dinner needs to be prepared. You will cook your tasty dinner on the romantic campfire. If the children are old enough, they can help canoe. On Friday afternoon you will arrive in Cosne. You will be taken back to Decize from here. You will then spend the last night at the family-friendly campsite. A big adventure for the whole family.
Departure or extension
Kategorie: Campingplätze / Biwak
- 8 overnight stays as stated for 2-3 people in a tent
- Canoes incl. equipment
- Luggage barrels and dry sacks
- Cooking equipment
- Food for the tour
- Camping site fee
- Return transfer to Decize
- English-speaking guide
Things to note
- Sleeping bag and sleeping mat not included
- No Catering
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Paris.
- Take the train to Basel and then take another train for about 4.5 hours to Decize. Or take the train to Paris and then take another train for about 3 hours to Decize.
- Parking: parking spaces at the camping site cost approx. EUR 15 per week. Payable on site. No reservation necessary.
- The return transfer to Decize is included in the price.
- Minimum age: 5 years old.
- Requirements: swimming skills and basic fitness.
- Also suitable for beginners as you get a good briefing about the paddle strokes and how best to control the canoe.
- Depending on the weather and the local conditions, the itinerary may change.
- Amount of canoeing per day: approx. 3-5 hours.