The Amazon of the North.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- Minimum age: 6 years old
- Minimum number of participants: 5 people
At 10am you meet your tour representative. You will be given your equipment and you will travel to the starting point for the tour. Once there you will have an introduction to canoeing. In the morning you will learn some paddle strokes, how to get in and out of the canoe as well as some other important information. Once that is completed, you set off in your canoe whilst putting what you just learnt into practice on the quiet river. In the evening you meet the tour representative again with other tour participants for dinner. Tomorrow you will be setting off on your self-guided canoe tours.
Self-guided canoe tours
The River Peene is one of Germany’s loveliest rivers. You can organise the days yourself and also decide when you want to take a break and when you want to canoe. There are very few rivers that still offer such an idyllic natural experience like sections of the River Peene do. You will quietly drift past water lilies, observe cormorants fishing and with a bit of luck you will even see a beaver lodge on the riverbank. During the week you will keep meeting your tour representative and on Thursday, there will be a joint dinner with everyone doing the tour. Time seems to stop still on the River Peene and it allows the whole family to get closer through the daily experiences. After several days of tranquility the tour will come to an end soon after the roofs in Anklam come into sight.
Category hotel: Middle-class hotels & guest houses
Category camping: 2 x middle-class hotels, 4 x double tent
Child prices are valid when staying in a room/tent with 2 fully paying adults
- 6 overnight stays in your chosen category
- Catering: Hotel incl. breakfast and 4 x packed lunch. Camping: includes no catering
- 2 dinners
- Canoe incl. equipment
- Tent, sleeping mat (camping category only)
- Complete cooking equipment (icamping category only)
- Transfers according to program
- Luggage transfer (hotel category only)
- Maps incl. route materials
- Luggage barrels & dry bags
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room
- Service hotline
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Berlin.
- Arrive in Berlin and take the train to Anklam. Duration approx. 2.5 hours.
- Parking: Free car parking spaces at Anklam canoe centre.
- Minimum age: 6 years old.
- Requirements: Basic level of fitness and swimming skills.
- Suitable for beginners.
- In case of not reaching the minimum participants, we reserve the right to cancel the journey up to 21 days before the day of arrival.