Canoe Sweden Tour D
In the wild.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- Number of participants: min. 2 people
- Minimum age: 6 years
Arrival in Arvika
Collect your camping equipment from the canoe centre before 5pm. You are about to spend your first day in the swedish wilderness.
In the morning you will collect the rest of your equipment and you will be briefed about the next few days. You will store your luggage in the waterproof barrels. A suitcase won’t be needed over the next few days. You will be taking all of your luggage with you.
Once you are fully prepared, you will get an explanation about how to load and steer your canoe. Once you have learnt all the necessary things, you will start your journey through the vast forests in Värmlands.The next days are organised by you. You receive all the of necessary things to find the way and you also set the speed yourself. In order to get from one lake to the next, a small van will transport you and your canoes across the land. In the evenings you can look for a nice and quiet place to pitch your tent and to send camp for the night.
Your tour starts in Norway at Lake Skjervangen. Once you get on the water with your canoe, you head along the Köla Älven river. You paddle across the Hugn and Ränken lakes and at the end you will arrive back at the canoe centre. The tour is ideal for those without canoeing experience.
Departure or extension
On the last day you need to make sure you get back to Arvika by 4pm. Once you get here you need to clean your equipment and hand it back into the canoe centre.
Category: Camping sites & bivouac
Child prices are valid when accompanied by two fully paying adults.
- 7 overnight stays as stated
- Tent, sleeping bag and sleeping mat
- Canoe incl. equipment
- Complete cooking equipment
- Transfers in line with the itinerary
- Instructions and maps
- Welcome briefing in english
- Service hotline
- Organised transfer from arvika train station to the canoe centre costs EUR 20 per journey. Reservation necessary. Pay in advance
Organised transfer from Oslo airport to the canoe centre costs EUR 255 per journey. Reservation necessary. Pay in advance
Things to note
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Oslo or Stockholm. From Oslo take the train for about 2 hours to Arvika.
- From Stockholm it takes about 4 hours to get to Arvika (www.resrobot.se, www.sj.se).
- Parking: free outdoor car parking spaces at the canoe centre. No reservation necessary.
- Difficulty level: easy. 8 overland transfers, 130m height difference between the start and end points.
- Minimum age: 6 years.
- Requirements: Basic level of fitness and swimming skills. Calm river with some wilder sections and small rapids. Details in the itinerary.
- A canoe van will transport you across the land sections.