Picturesque castles and historic palaces.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Guided group tour
- No minimum age
- Number of participants: min. 3 | max. 18 people
Arrive in Vyšší Brod
Use your first few hours here to explore the small town and its famous monastery.
Vyšší Brod - Rožmberk
At 10:00 you and your family will be picked up from your hotel and will be given a lesson on canoeing. Then you will enjoy your first canoe tour to Rožmberk. There you will have the possibility to visit the castle.
Today you will spend the whole day on the river Vltava until you get to the pearl of Southern Bohemia: Ceský Krumlov. Enjoy the scenery whilst paddling. Relax. With a bit of luck, you will discover lots of animals on the river bank.
You will visit the town with its contorted alleyways and the large castle complex. Would you like to go a walk? Then the highest mountain in the area is waiting for you, the Klet!
You will go straight through the old town and through numerous meanders in your canoe to Zlatá Koruna via Rajov. The mighty monastery invites you for a visit.
Today you will discover the last wild stretch in the mountains. You will canoe in the flat to the romantic ruin Divci Kamen. You will then continue towards Borsov and then you will take the bus to the hotel in Budweis.
Rest day in Budweis
Today you can do what you feel like, for example shopping. Budweis has lots of attractions and excellent restaurants and is worth a detailed visit.
Departure or extension
After breakfast, you will take a transfer to Budweis station or back to Vyšší Brod.
Category: good middle-class hotels, inns and B&Bs
Children’s rates valid in room with two paying adults.
- 7 overnight stays as stated, half board included
- Tour guide
- Canoes for 2-3 people incl. equipment
- Bus ride from Borsov to the hotel in Budweis
- Transfer hotel – Budweis station or hotel – Vyšší Brod
- Welcome briefing
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Instruction and detailed travel information 1 x per room
- Service hotline
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Arrive by train in Rybnik via Linz and then continue to Vyšši Brod. From there take the taxi to the hotel for about EUR 4 per journey.
- Parking: observed outdoor car parking spaces in Vyšši Brod cost approx. EUR 3 per day, no reservation necessary.
- No minimum age.
- Requirements: Basic conditional and swimming skills.
- Canoeing experience is helpful but is not a requirement. You will have a good canoe lesson at the start.
- Total distance: approx. 70 km.