Arrival in Padasjoki
Today you will meet your guide after your arrival and discuss the process for your adventure week. In the evening follows the first BBQ with all participants.
Padasjoki – Hietasaaret
Your first paddle stage takes you today to the beautiful Hietasaaret. On the way you will have your lunch break on the charming little island of Lietsaari. In the evening you open your tents and let the day end with a romantic campfire.
After a fortifying breakfast, you can take a paddling trip to Linnasaarentakut or spend the day relaxing on Hietasaaret Island. In the evening, you and your guide and the group have a barbecue on the beach at sunset.
Hietasaaret – Kelvenne
Today you start your paddling tour to the idyllic island Kelvenne in the morning hours. At midday you make a stop on the island Vähä-Paatsalo. In the evening you reach your destination and the impressive sandy beach Ishieta - a highlight in the national park. In the evening you can collect berries and mushrooms, and talented people can try their hand at fishing.
Looptour or hiking tour
You can decide if you want to paddle to a lonely island and make your lunch break or rather explore the impressive hiking trails. The hilly island of Kelvenne offers many exciting excursions. If you want you can also have a relaxing day at the beach.
Kelvenne – Marttila
You paddle loosely through nature and can really relax. At noon you stop on an island and then continue your journey to today's stage destination. Arrived there is a barrel sauna and a delicious buffet with delicious Finnish specialties on you.
By the Vääksy Kanal
Your last paddle stage will take you through the Vääksy Channel. Once there, you maneuver your kayak into a lock where the boat is raised by 3 meters. After this adventure, we will have our last lunch in the open air followed by a dinner together.
Departure or extension
Unfortunately, today you have to start the journey home from the beautiful Finnish National Park. A transfer will take you to Lathi or Helsinki.
Category: Tent, 1x typical hut, 1x hotel
- 7 overnight stays as stated incl. full board
- Sea kayaks incl. Equipment
- Waterproof Packing Bags
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- Finnish sauna
- Finnish specialty buffet in Marttila
- Sleeping bag and mattress can be rented on site, cost Eur 20 per person and EUR 40 per tent for 2 people, reservation necessary
- Alternatively, organized transfer from / to Helsinki airport EUR 20 per person (roundtrip), reservation necessary, payable in advance
Things to note
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Helsinki and then take the train in approx. 1,5 hours to Lahti (www.vr.fi). Then continue by bus (www.matkahuolto.fi), which takes about 1 hour to Padasjoki, costs approx. EUR 20.
- Parking: free, outdoor car parking spaces are available outdoors by the resort in Padasjoki. No reservation necessary.
- Minimum age 12 years old.
- Requirements: basic level of fitness, swimming skills and experience living outdoors.
- Also suitable for beginners because you get a good lesson at the start.