Europe´s white-water paradise.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Guided group tour
- Minimum age: 10 years, younger children upon request
- Provision guarantee | Number of participants: max. 6 people
Arrival to Bovec
In the evening you will meet your guide for the first time. You will have the opportunity to ask any questions that you may have and to talk about the course structure for the upcoming week.
Today you set off. Your guide will give you all of the equipment that you need fort he upcoming week in the kayak school. You will get a wet-suit, a helmet, a life-jacket and a spraydeck. Only once everything fits correctly, you will head to a nearby lake. As soon as the kayak is on the water in front of you, you have your first challenge: how do you actually get in it? Once you have learnt how to get into your kayak, you then learn how to get out of the kayak if you capsize and how to get to the land safely. The basics have to be well-practiced so that you are safe on the river over the next few days.
Today you continue building on the basics that you learnt yesterday. That means learning how to paddle correctly, how to cross the river and how to keep your balance in the boat. You will learn how to correctly adjust your boat in the river and how to stop correctly in the current and you give it a go kajaking on moving water for the first time.
Even if you haven’t seen much of white water yet over the first few days, the exercises that you learnt up to know are important in order to be able to safely navigate a river. Slowly you will build on what you have learnt. Further exercises will also be carried out. Depending on your ability, you will already have a go in some faster sections of water. Here there is a lot to learn too: how do you recognise an eddy and how can you safely deal with one? Every section is differernt but slowly you will gather experience and become more comfortable on more difficult sections of the river.
Exercises on the river
There is still so much to learn. You will quickly be noticing improvements though and your guide will always be keeping an eye on you. Of course, there will be throwbacks at times and you are sure to swallow some water too. But if you keep your spirits up, kajaking will become more routine the more you practice. You will go through the eddy’s in a controlled manner and master the difficult passages whilst having some wonderful days on the water. At the end of the course you will receive a certificate from your guide saying that you have participated and that you are well prepared to continue this lovely sport.
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- 5 days of lessons in a white-water kayak
- Transfers according to the programme
- Daily video analysis & theory training
- All necessary equipment
- English-speaking guide
- Transfer from Villach to Bovec for about € 50 per journey, (possible on Sunday 16:45) reservation necessary, payable on spot
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Graz.
- Take the train to Villach and take a Taxi or with organised transfer to Bovec.
- Parking: free car parking spaces at the kayak school. No reservation is possible.
- Minimum age: 10 years, younger children upon request.
- Requirements: Swimming skills and basic conditional.