Following the steps of Tom Sawyer.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- Minimum number of participants: 2 adults
- Minimum age: 3 years
Arrive to Gunnerud
It is important that you arrive by 5pm this evening. You will be given lots of important information about the river and how this week will be carried out. The theory about tomorrow’s raft building will also be explained to you tonight. Afterwards you will put up your tent and spend the first night on a simple camp site on the bank of the Kläralven.
Tomorrow you will be taken to the starting point. Here you will build your raft. Until today you must have decided for one of the two variants. You can choose a short route that ends after 50 kilometres in Björkebo or a long route that ends in Gunnerud. In the morning you will be taken to the starting point Branäsäng, Branäs or Stöllet depends on the variant you chose. At the starting point, there is enough wood for you to build your raft. Don’t worry: you will get help building your raft from our local tour reps. Afterwards you will load your raft with your luggage and you will head downstream for the first time on your raft.
Rafting and Departure
About 18 m2 of raft is your home for the next few days. The river drags your raft leisurely downstream and you will get used to the undisturbed quietness. You sure won’t get bored though. There is a lot to do. You steer your raft through the corners, you search for lunch spots and you take walks through the forest. If you only want to leave your raft briefly, there is a little canoe available for you to use.
The best thing about this week though is that you take the power out of your own hands and hand it over to the nature, which will be controlling how fast you go down the river. If you choose the shorter variant you will reach after 50km Björkebo. You can end the tour here if you want or you can go another 50km towards Gunnerud. Once you get to your destination, you will need to readjust to being used to noise and people. You disassemble your raft and then you reluctantly head back towards civilisation.
Category: Camping and Biwas
Children’s rates valid with two paying adults. The price for 2 children on request.
- 7 overnight stays in a tent
- Transfer Gunnerud – raft building site
- Complete cooking equipment
- Tent, sleeping bag and mat
- Instructions for raft building
- All required equipment for raft building
- Canoe rental for the duration of the raft tour
- Service hotline
Thins to note
- If you are a group of more than 3 people, then you have to rent another tent for the overnight stays. This costs € 85. Reservation is necessary, payable in advance
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly out to Oslo or Stockholm (or directly to Karlstad). Train journey (www.sj.se) to Karlstad in approx. 3 - 4 hours, continue by bus (www.resrobot.se) in about 2 hours to Gunnerud, then you walk in a few minutes to the centre.
- Parking: free outdoor parking spaces.
- Minimum age: 3 years.
- Requirements: Basic fitness, swimming skills and experience with life in the outdoors.
- A raft is big enough for 5-6 people. There must be at least 2 adults on the raft.
- You can choose between the easier 50km tour and the demanding 100 km tour. The starting point is the same on both tours.
- Accomodation for the first and last night are on a very simple camping site in Gunnerud without any sanitary facilities. During the raft journey, you will sleep in a tent, on the raft or on the ground.
- Build the raft with your own family. The local guides will help you with the technique and check your raft before departure.