Your hiking holiday starts with a short transfer to Sesto; from there the cable car takes you to Mount Helm/ Monte Elmo. The entrance to the nature park is right next to the Monte Elmo mountain station, and it invites you to meet Olperl’s best friends, in the realm of the mountain animals. While having your walking stage, you’ll come across 10 special and very exciting places, enjoying in the same time the fantastic view on the Sesto Dolomites. If you wish it, you can extend your walk to the Sillianerhütte.
Using the cable car you get to the Rotwand/Croda Rossa. The family route, well signed under “nr. 19” and starts on the left side near the playground area. Along the route you pass nice relaxing places and huts where you can make a pause for a picnic. Next to the Rotwandwiesen hut you can visit reindeers and feed them as well.
This trail takes you across woods and meadows to the historic spa town of Bagni di San Candido/Wildbad and further on to the Haunold/Baranci wher you can have many possibilities: kids usually love the tubing run and the Children’s Tree Tops Adventure Trail; in the meantime parents can relax in front of the Rifugio Baranci. The day continues downhill to San Candi¬do using the fun bob. Young and old can have fun racing down the aluminium monorail into the village; your vehicle is a bob, and you are in charge with your own speed!
Enjoy a day free or take a trip to the Orienteering Park in Villabassa. The motto is finding out and stamping a total of 28 check- points on the basis of one card.
This leisure hike to the Grünwaldalm starts at the nostalgic Grandhotel Pragser Wildsee. At the southwest end of the lake the path finally branches off into the peaceful, almost untouched Grünwald valley. It leads to a gentle ascent through a light forest. You go back along the eastern shore of the lake; the path is somewhat steeper, but so much rewarding: close to the towering rock walls, sometimes provided with stairs and wooden railings, it opens a new view of the lake.
The last hiking tour in a wonderful landscape is waiting for you. A forest path leads to the Strudelkopfsattel and, over easy terrain, further to the summit across of the Strudelkopf. (2.307 m). You walk uphill enjoying the breathtaking panorama of the big peaks of the Braies Dolomites, among them the Hohe Gaisl or the Seekofel. The Strudelkopf offers one of the most beautiful panoramic views in the Dolomites on the splendour of the World Natural Heritage with the peaks of the Three Peaks, the Cadini Group, the Monte Cristallo to the Tofanen and the Marmolata.
Category: 3***-hotels and 4**** -hotels
Child prices valid if they are staying in same room as 2 full price adults.
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- 7x dinner (minimum of 3 course)
- Ticket for the cable cars Monte Elmo and Croda Rossa
- 1x ride with the Funbob on the Haunold
- Train and bus rides during the journey
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Welcome briefing
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (route maps, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Service hotline
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Venice, Treviso, Trieste or Innsbruck and per train to Toblach.
- Take the train over Innsbruck to Toblach and in a few walking minutes or by taxi to the hotel.
- Parking: Free unguarded public parking near the hotel, no reservation neccessary.
- Minimum age 6 years old.
- Requirements: Basic fitness and walking experience. Children should be used to walking for a few hours at a time.
- Leisurely walks with great views on good paths and forest tracks through alpine landscape.