Arrival in Tinahely
Tinahely – Moyne
Today is the start of the tour at the Wicklow Way and you walk up to Mangan Wood. Past sheep pastures and through small forests today’s tour leads you into the valley of the river Derry. You follow a quiet side road to Sandyford Bridge, where you spend the night on a small farm.
Moyne - Glenmalure
In the morning, a transfer brings you to the starting point of your hike at the Iron Bridge. Today’s destination is the wild valley of Glenmalure. Irish rebels sought refuge in this place for many years, until the English Crown set up a base in the valley to end the rebellion. An old trading station and the ruins of the military barracks still bear witness of this turbulent time.
Views on the Lugnaquillia Mountain – the highest peak of the Wicklow Mountains – escort you on today’s hike up to the pass of Lugduff Gap. From here you descend into the picturesque valley of Glendalough. For the first christian monks this used to be a place of retreat and prayer for centuries. The Wicklow Way then takes you to the small village of Laragh.
Laragh - Roundwood
You leave Laragh and walk up to Paddock Hill. The dense forests are soon replaced by an untouched heath landscape in the Wicklow Mountain National Park. The tour then takes you to the Old Bridge and on side roads you will reach the small village of Roundwood. The short stage gives you time for a hike around the reservoirs of the Vaultry Reservoir.
Roundwood - Enniskerry
In the morning, a transfer brings you to the starting point of today’s hike – It’s time for the royal stage of the Wicklow Way. You soon reach the first lookout point from where you can see nearby Lough Dan. You then enter an open area from where you can see as far as the British coast on clear days. The trail leads you up to the Djouce Mountain and with views on Ireland’s highest waterfall to Crone Forrest, where today’s stage ends. You will be transferred to your accommodation in Enniskerry.
Departure or extension
The first stages are mostly flat and are well suited to prepare for the Wicklow Mountains. The tour mostly takes place on well marked trails, forest roads and every once in a while on side roads. For the hike from Roundwood to Enniskerry sure-footedness is required, the remaining stages demand good basic condition.
| Season 1 |
28.03.2020 - 03.04.2020
26.09.2020 - 11.10.2020
| Season 2 |
18.04.2020 - 15.05.2020
06.06.2020 - 26.06.2020
29.08.2020 - 25.09.2020
| Season 3 |
04.04.2020 - 17.04.2020
16.05.2020 - 05.06.2020
27.06.2020 - 28.08.2020
|Wandering Irleand, 7 days, IR-COATE-07X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||179.00||179.00||179.00|
Category: country-specific Bed & Breakfasts
Children prices are valid in room with 2 full paying adults.
| Season 1 |
Mar 28, 2020 - Apr 3, 2020
Sep 26, 2020 - Oct 11, 2020
| Season 2 |
Apr 18, 2020 - May 15, 2020
Jun 6, 2020 - Jun 26, 2020
Aug 29, 2020 - Sep 25, 2020
| Season 3 |
Apr 4, 2020 - Apr 17, 2020
May 16, 2020 - Jun 5, 2020
Jun 27, 2020 - Aug 28, 2020
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||85.00||85.00||85.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||114.00||114.00||114.00|
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||59.00||59.00||59.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||94.00||94.00||94.00|
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Transfers according to programme
- Luggage transfer
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room
- Service hotline
- City tax, if due, not included in the tour price.
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- By plane to Dublin and with the Citylink bus to the city centre, approx.. EUR 8 per person, payable on site.
- From the train station Dublin Heuston to Rathdrum by train. From here by bus or taxi to Tinahely, total approx. EUR 25 to 30 per person, payable on site.
- From Enniskerry by bus to the city centre of Dublin. Connection to Dublin airport with the Citylink bus.
- Minimum age 8 years old.
- Requirements: Basic fitness and walking experience. Children should be used to walking for a few hours at a time.
- The first stages are mostly flat and are well suited to prepare for the Wicklow Mountains.
- The tour mostly takes place on well marked trails, forest roads and every once in a while on side roads.
- For the hike from Roundwood to Enniskerry sure-footedness is required, the remaining stages demand good basic condition.