Alpine Walking by Mount Rigi.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- Minimum age: 8 years old
Arrival in Brunnen
Upon arrival in Brunnen, you will have wonderful views of Lake Urner and the mighty Bürgenstock mountain. You will stay at Family Bucheli’s farm in a hay dormitory overnight.
Brunnen – Rigi Burggeist
Before you tie up the laces on your boots you need to have a steady hand first. You will visit the Victorinox museum where you can build your own Swiss Army knife. After this, you shall begin your walk - now that you are well equipped! You shall take the cable car up to the Brunniberg and get wonderful views over Lake Lucerne. You shall then walk to your first mountain hut on the Rigi mountain.
Today you continue getting amazing views. You walk along a panoramic path down to Heiterenboden and then you back up to the top of the Rigi mountain. From here you get great views across Central Switzerland. You can see another lake in every direction. Descent to Chäserenholz hut and a tour by the Alpine farmer of the cheese cellar.
You walk along the cog railway to Rigi Kaltbad and to the Müseralp. A panoramic path takes you past the Räbalp and to the Seebodenalp. From here you have a great view of the Küssnachter lakes and the Pilatus. With the cable car you float down to Küssnacht am Rigi.
From the small town Küssnacht am Rigi you will hike up to the Forenmoos. You will go past a small pond and go past a BBQ place where you can light a fire. Once you get back to Lake Lucerne you will take the bus to get back to Lucerne.
Excursion to the Pilatus
Take the bus to Kriens and then take the cable car up to Krienseregg. From here you walk on promising paths up to Fräkmüntegg. The daring can pay a visit to the rope park before the cable car takes you down to the valley again.
Category: 2 x mountain huts, 2 x hay huts und 2 x middle class hotels, in the mountain huts and the hay dormitories there is shower/WC in the corridors.
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Building a Swiss Army knife in the Victorinox museum
- Tour through the cheese factory at the Chäserenholz hut
- Cable cars as arranged on the itinerary
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (route maps, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- GPS-Data available
- Service hotline
Things to note
- Train and bus rides during the journey not included, approx. EUR 14 per person. To be paid for at the time
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Zürich and take the train to Brunnen.
- Take the train to Brunnen and then a very short taxi ride to the hotel.
- Parking: Car parking in Brunnen costs approx. EUR 5 per day.
- Return to Brunnen by train. It costs about EUR 16 per person.
- Minimum age 8 years old.
- Requirements: Basic fitness and walking experience. Children should be used to walking for a few hours at a time.
- Leisurely walks with great views on good paths and forest tracks through alpine landscape.