Alpine Walking by Mount Rigi.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- Minimum age: 8 years old
Goldau - Brunnen
In the morning, a visit to animalpark Goldau is on the program. There you can see bears, lynxes and deer up close. Then you walk along the wild-romantic shore of Lake Lauerz and climb up to a small pass at the northern foothills of the Rigi. In Brunnen you will await the straw bed of the Bucheli family.
Brunnen – Rigi Burggeist
Before you tie up the laces on your boots you need to have a steady hand first. You will visit the Victorinox museum where you can build your own Swiss Army knife. After this, you shall begin your walk - now that you are well equipped! You shall take the cable car up to the Urmiberg and get wonderful views over Lake Lucerne. You shall then walk to your first mountain hut on the Rigi mountain.
Today you continue getting amazing views. You walk along a panoramic path down to Heiterenboden and then you back up to the top of the Rigi mountain. From here you get great views across Central Switzerland. You can see another lake in every direction. Descent to Chäserenholz hut and a tour by the Alpine farmer of the cheese cellar.
You walk along the cog railway to the Müseralp. A panoramic path takes you past the Räbalp and to the Seebodenalp. From here you have a great view of the Küssnachter lakes and the Pilatus. With the cable car you float down to Küssnacht am Rigi. Continue by train to Merlischachen (not included).
By train back to Küssnacht am Rigi (not included). From the small town Küssnacht am Rigi you will hike up to the Forenmoos. You will go past a small pond and go past a BBQ place where you can light a fire. Once you get back to Lake Lucerne you will take the bus to get back to Lucerne.
Leisurely walks with great views on good paths and forest tracks through alpine landscape.
Category: 5x mountain huts or middle class hotels, 2x hay huts , in the mountain hut and the hay dormitories there is shower/WC in the corridors.
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Entrée animal park Goldau
- Building a Swiss Army knife in the Victorinox museum
- Cable cars as arranged on the itinerary
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (route maps, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- GPS-Data available
- Service hotline
Things to note
- Train and bus rides during the journey not included, approx. EUR 20 per person. To be paid for at the time
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Zürich and take the train for about an hour to Arth-Goldau.
- Take the train to Aarth-Goldau and then a short taxi ride to the hotel.
- Parking: Car parking in Aarth-Goldau costs approx. EUR 7,50 per day, no reservation necessary, to be paid for at the time.
- Return from Luzern to Aart-Goldau by train (approx. 35 minutes). It costs about EUR 16 per person. To be paid for at the time.
- Minimum age 8 years old.
- Requirements: Basic fitness and walking experience. Children should be used to walking for a few hours at a time.
- Leisurely walks with great views on good paths and forest tracks through alpine landscape.