Danube & Inn
Adventure Cycle holiday from Treetop-hotel to Teepee.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- Minumin age: 4 years old
- Approx. 50 km
Leisurely arrival at the small but lovely parish of ‚Wernstein am Inn‘. Your inn is situated directly at the river, your comfortable starting point for your adventure cycle holiday. Welcome meeting and rental bike distribution.
After a hearty breakfast you enjoy a comfortable organised transfer to Kopfing. Since this is a very special tourist attraction: the Treetop-Walkway. The longest treetop walkway in the entire world, a unique nature experience up to 15 metres above the forest floor, packed with adventure stations: 40 metre-high adventure tower, an adventure playground covering an area of 5.000 m², a giant swing, a low-rope course and lots more. And the best is saved for last: today you spend the night up in one of the comfortable tree-hotels. An unusual adventure for all age groups!
Kopfing – Natternbach
Have you already completed all 30 experience stations on the treetop trail? If not there will be another opportunity to do so today. The lovely scent of the forest still in your nose you leave the treetop-walkway. Enjoy the breathtaking panorama across the ‚Sauwald‘-area during the short but sweet cycle tour. You cycle along country lanes with little traffic through small villages, past farm houses and next to wonderfully cool forests as far as Natternbach. Here the next highlight awaits: the IKUNA Nature Resort. Your private Teepee-suite is already ready to be discovered. A perfect sleeping place for Wild West enthusiasts.
Today we recommend you get up early! Since the IKUNA Nature Resort awaits all adventurers amongst you. This nature adventure park with an area of 170.000 m² complete with ‚Action Area‘ offers more than you can ever imagine! You get to climb up the ‚climbing sky‘, swing through the air on the rope-slide, speed down the family-wave slide, try paddle-go-karting, observe animals and lots more. Two days packed with fun and unique action!
Your next destination today is Schlögen and hence the nature spectacle the ‚Schlögen River Bend‘. At this spot the river Danube performs a 180-degree change in direction and therefore a true miracle of nature. But first you take a leisurely bus transfer in the morning to Engelhartszell o the Danube. There you start your bike tour along the river to Schlögen. In the afternoon around 2.25pm you board the ship and take a ride on the river Danube upstream as far as Passau (Arrival in Passau approx. 5.15pm). After that you cycle the final few kilometres back to Wernstein along the easy cycle path.
Departure or extension
It´s time to say goodbye to the idyllic landscape of the Danube and Inn, you are welcome to extend a few more nights!
Along the rivers Inn and Danube the terrain is always flat, you cycle along well-maintained cycle paths without any motorized traffic. Stages between the villages Kopfing, Natternbach and Schlögen are in parts hilly and lead you along side roads with little traffic.
Category: : 2x inn, 1x tree top-hotel and 3x teepee
Child prices valid if they are staying in same room as 2 full price adults.
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- 6x dinner (mostly multi-course)
- Bus transfer Wernstein – Kopfing, bike incl.
- Entrance fee tree top walkway Kopfing
- Entrance fee IKUNA Nature resort
- Bus transfer Natternbach - Engelhartszell
- Ferry ride in Engelhartszell
- Ferry ride in Schlögen
- Boat trip Schlögen – Passau, bike incl.
- Luggage transfer between hotels
- Welcome meeting
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room with route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Arrival by plane at Munich or Vienna Airport.
- Arrival by train via Passau to Wernstein/Schärding.
- Parking: hotel parking spaces free of charge, no reservation necessary.
- Minimum age 4 years.
- Requirements: a good basic fitness level and cycling skills. This route is suited well for families.
- Along the rivers Inn and Danube the terrain is always flat, you cycle along well-maintained cycle paths without any motorized traffic. The stage between the villages Kopfing ans Natternbach leads you along side roads with little traffic.