The Franconian Lake District & Altmühltal.
- 6 Days / 5 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- No minimum age
- approx. 150 km
Arrival in Gunzenhasuen
Your trip begins right in the middle of the Franconian Lake District, a popular holiday region. This is where the Roman border Limes used to be. In the town you'll still see traces of the Roman Empire. Gunzenhausen is the only Bavarian town that is right on the Limes.
Along the cycle path to Brombachsee, today's destination, there are many playgrounds. But don't stay too long, as the lake truly caters to all tastes: beach volleyball, playgrounds, beach, beer garden - everything you could possibly wish for at Brombachsee Lake. A special adventure is a trip on Europe's biggest passenger trimaran - with a restaurant and a children's boat on deck.
Today, you cycle pleasantly along quiet paths through woods, fields and meadows. From Pleinfeld, you cycle along the Swabian Rezat towards Weissenburg with its historic old town and exciting Imperial city sights. Follow the tracks of the Romans and explore the historic quarter.
Today, the Swabian Rezat accompanies you to the Altmühl which you then follow to Pappenheim Castle. From the castle you have fantastic views over the Altmühl valley, through which you then cycle to get to today's destination of Treuchtlingen or Wettelsheim. In the evening, relax in the Altmühl thermal baths.
The last section is a very easy cycle along a pleasantly level path. Once you have arrived in Gunzenhausen, you should not waste any time in setting off on a circular tour of the Altmühlsee Lake. Enjoy a dip in this large, shallow reservoir. Water sports people and sunbathers are in for a treat.
Mainly flat route, mostly on your own cycle paths, rarely on paved forest and field paths.
Category: 3*** hotels and guesthouses
Children’s rates valid in room with two paying adults. Rates for children aged 6 or younger are payable on site.
- 5 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Boat trip Enderndorf – Ramsberg incl. bike
- Entrance Pappenheim castle
- Entrance to Treuchtlingen thermal baths (2.5 hrs)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room (German, English, French) with route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
- Service hotline
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Airport Nürnberg.
- Train station Gunzenhausen.
- Free public parking is available near the hotel. No reservation possible.
- No minimum age.
- Requirements: Basic fitness and bike skills. This is a route well-suited for families.
- Mainly flat route, mostly on your own cycle paths, rarely on paved forest and field paths.