Sweden's west coast
Cycling, Water, Animals and Nature at its best.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- No minimum age
- approx. 150 km
Arrival in Helsingborg
Your hotel is located in the centre, not far away from the train station. In the evening a welcome briefing and bike fitting (if booked) takes place.
Helsingborg – Ängelholm
Your first tour starts with a transfer from your hotel in Helsingborg to Kullaberg nature reserve. There is a lot to discover! Explore one of the 20 caves or explore the area by foot to meet the animals of the forest. In the interactive visitor centre you can learn more about the nature reserve, additionally a visit of the aquarium is worth it. Enjoy some grilled sausages (you are allowed to grill your own sausages in the reserve) before you start your cycling tour along the Kulla peninsula to Ängelholm.
By train you reach tennis metropolis Båstad after breakfast. After-wards you cycle along one of the longest sandy beaches in Sweden (don’t forget your swimming suits!) and through the nature reserves of Tönnrersa and Gullbranna before you reach Halmstad, today’s destination.
Rest day in Halmstad
Halmstad is awaiting you with a lot of fun activities. Spend the day like the Swedes on the beach of Tylösand, one of the most popular beaches in Sweden. Those who love ice-cream might want to visit Ricardo, where you get delicious, Italian ice-cream and other delicacies. Try a Stand Up Paddeling- or Kayak tour, visit the water park in Halmstad, the open air museum Hallandsgården or go hiking in the nature re-serve Danska Fall (not included).
After breakfast you continue by transfer or train to Falkenberg. Look forward to picturesque fishing villages and bathing possibilities along the way. Ice cream lovers are well advised to stop at the local ice cream shop in Träslövsläge. Afterwards Varberg is awaiting you with places of interest such as the fortress and the Bockstens man, also known as “Ötzi of Sweden”.
Varberg – Göteborg
When in Sweden, an excursion to the archipelago is a must! After breakfast you go by train to Gothenburg (ca. 30 minutes). By boat you then reach the southern archipelago of the city (ca. SEK 70 per person and ride, not included). Explore the car free islands of Styrsö and Donsö by bike and take a bath in the refreshing sea. In the even-ing you return by bike to Gothenburg.
You cycle on well sign-posted bike paths and gravel roads as well as side roads with less traffic. Flat to slightly hilly tour course.
Category: chosen 2**- and 3*** hotels, as well typical swedish stugas
Child prices valid if they are staying in same room as 2 full price adults. Charges for children under 5 (for example Child bed) to be paid for at the time.
- 6 overnight stays as stated
- Breakfast buffet or extended breakfast
- Welcome briefing
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Transfer Helsingborg - Kullaberg nature reserve & visit of the nature reserve (day 2
- Transfers/Train rides Ängelholm - Båstad, Halmstad - Falkenberg and Varberg-Gothenburg (excl. bikes)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room (German, English, French) with route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Airport Copenhagen or Göteborg.
- Parking: Parking space in Helsingborg and Göteborg for approx. EUR 23 per day. More details on request!
- Return journey Gothenburg - Helsingborg by train. www.oresundstag.se
- No minimum age.
- Requirements: Basic fitness and cycle skills. The route is ideal for families.
- You cycle on well sign-posted bike paths and gravel roads as well as side roads with less traffic. Flat to slightly hilly tour course.